Loading IndicatorLoading Indicator

Senior US Official Says Iran Proposal Falls Short, Raises Risk of Renewed War

Source
JH Kim

Summary

  • A senior US official said Iran’s new proposal was insufficient and could raise the risk of renewed war.
  • Donald Trump earlier described Iran’s proposal as unacceptable and signaled the possibility of additional pressure.
  • Markets are watching how a possible breakdown in US-Iran talks and Middle East geopolitical risks could affect international oil prices and global financial markets.

Forecast Trend Report by Period

Loading IndicatorLoading Indicator

The US government has issued a negative assessment of Iran’s latest negotiating proposal, signaling renewed strains between Washington and Tehran.

Walter Bloomberg reported on May 18 that a senior US official said Iran’s new proposal was insufficient and could increase the risk of renewed war.

The US believes Iran is sticking to its existing positions on key issues, including its nuclear program and the Strait of Hormuz.

President Donald Trump had earlier described Iran’s proposal as unacceptable and signaled the possibility of additional pressure.

The US and Iran have continued talks through mediators in recent weeks, but they have yet to narrow differences over uranium enrichment and sanctions relief.

Markets are closely watching the possibility of a collapse in US-Iran negotiations and how geopolitical risks in the Middle East could affect international oil prices and global financial markets.

Photo: Shutterstock
Photo: Shutterstock
JH Kim

JH Kim

reporter1@bloomingbit.ioHi, I'm a Bloomingbit reporter, bringing you the latest cryptocurrency news.
hot_people_entry_banner in news detail bottom articleshot_people_entry_banner in news detail mobile bottom articles












PiCK News